The next meeting will be in-person, Bern, Wednesday to Friday, 5-7 October, 2022
Dear colleagues and friends,
We propose an ApicoWplexa Virtual Meeting Series on selected topics related to apicomplexan parasites in farm animals. The idea is to have an informal forum of scientific on-line presentations on a given topic.
We held 3 meetings in 2020, and the topics were:
– October 15: novel drugs and drug targets (see the program here)
– November 12: epidemiology and phylogenetics (see the program here)
– December 17: vaccines and control (see the program here)
There is no question that the pandemic will unfortunately continue to persist for longer periods of time than initially anticipated. Thus, we decided to postpone this year’s in-person conference in Bern to 2022.
Instead, we plan to hold 5 sessions in 2021 that will cover the following topics:
– February 18: Diagnostics (see the program here)
– April 22: Host-parasite interactions (see the program here)
– June 24: Apicomplexan parasites and One Health (see the program here)
– September 16: Models for studying apicomplexan parasites (see the program here)
– November 18: Vector-borne apicomplexan parasites (see the program here)
As a general rule, there will be one keynote speaker (approx. 20-25 min) and 3-4 shorter presentations (10 min each) preferentially given by PhD students or Post-docs. There is also time for on-line discussions among all participants.
Next meeting starts at 15:00:00 UTC (GMT).
A few examples considering geography and day light saving time:
Seattle (USA) 07:00:00 PST UTC-8 hours
New York (USA) 10:00:00 EST UTC-5 hours
Lisbon (Portugal) 15:00:00 WET UTC
Bern (Switzerland) 16:00:00 CET UTC+1 hour
Istanbul (Turkey) 18:00:00 TRT UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India) 20:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
Beijing (China) 23:00:00 CST UTC+8 hours
Tokyo (Japan) 00:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Sydney (Australia) 02:00:00 AEDT UTC+11 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) 04:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Interested in participating? Interested in giving an on-line presentation? You would like to have further information? Then please contact us by email and register:
Alexandre Leitao, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinária, Universidade de Lisboa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luis-Miguel Ortega-Mora, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense de Madrid: email@example.com
Andrew Hemphill, Vetsuisse Faculty and Faculty of Medicine, University of Bern: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you are registered, we will provide you with a URL and a password that will allow you to enter the meeting.
– These topics are not carved in stone, and if you have other suggestions, these would be very welcome, so please contact us a.s.a.p. and let us know.
Thank you for your interest, hope to talk to you in the next virtual ApicoWplexa meeting.
Alexandre, Luis and Andrew